WHY MEN ARE SO COOL:
– Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat.
– We know stuff about tanks.
– A five-day vacation requires only one suitcase.
– We can open our own jars.
– We don’t have to learn to spell a new last name.
– We get extra credit for the slightest of thoughtfulness.
– Wedding plans take care of themselves.
– One who forgets to invite you to something can still be our friend.
– Our underwear is $10 for a three-pack.
– If you’re 34 and single, nobody notices.
– Everything on our face stays the same color.
– We can quietly enjoy a car ride from the passenger seat.
– Three pairs of shoes are more than enough.
– We don’t have to clean the apartment if the meter reader comes.
– Car mechanics tell us the truth.
– We can quietly watch a ball game with a buddy for hours without ever thinking: “He must be mad at me.”
– Wedding dress – $2000. Tuxedo rental – $80.
– We can drop by a friend without having to bring a little gift.
– If another guy shows up at the party in the same outfit, we just might become lifelong friends.
– Our friends can be trusted to never trap us with: “So, do you notice anything different?”
– We are not expected to know the names of more than five colors.
– We are unable to see wrinkles in our clothes.
– The same hairstyle will last for years, maybe decades.
– We don’t have to shave below our neck.
– Our belly usually hides our big hips.
– We have freedom of choice concerning growing a mustache.
– Christmas shopping can be accomplished for 25 relatives, on December 24th, in 45 minutes.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: those that understand binary and those that don’t.
Thought for the day
“Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior” (Habakkuk 3:17-18 NIV).
Gratitude develops your faith when times are tough — when things don’t make sense, when you can’t figure it out, when your prayers are unanswered, when life stinks, when everything is going the way you didn’t want it to go.