TOP 10 WAYS TO INTIMIDATE YOUR DAUGHTER’S DATE WHEN HE COMES TO PICK HER UP
10. Sprinkle some dust on your daughter before she leaves. Explain, “It makes fingerprinting easier.”
9. Challenge him at arm wrestling.
8. Introduce him to your good friend Chuck Norris.
7. Walk on stilts.
6. Casually show him your collection of five shrunken heads, then yell up to your daughter, “Number six is here.”
5. Come to the door bare-chested. Do a lot of flexing.
4. Introduce him to the family by calling each family member to the living room using a whistle, then making them stand at attention and salute.
3. Answer the door in a straight jacket.
2. As they leave, talk into a walkie-talkie, “Subject is wearing khakis and a blue polo shirt, driving a green ford.”
1. Say, “Let’s pray.”
There are more collect calls on Father’s Day than any other day of the year.
Thought for the day
… To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given. But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away. Luke 19:26 (NLT)
Jesus requires his disciples to take risks because those risks are the substance of our faith. They stretch us to live by faith instead of living by sight. They stretch us from an independent, self-directed life to one dependent and directed by God.