What NOT to give her for Valentines Day:
1. A box of chocolates, clumsily rearranged in an attempt to hide the fact you ate all the caramel ones.
2. Any clothing item with the words “slim-down” on the label.
3. Any food item with the words “diet”, “light”, or “high fiber” on the label.
4. Flowers from a hospital’s gift shop–or worse, a mortuary’s.
5. Poetry, no matter how heartfelt, that starts out “There was once a girl from Nantucket…”
6. Anything you ever gave another woman, including your mother.
7. Any household appliance, power tool or other item from the harder side of Sears.
8. A gift certificate.
10. Anything you could have bought at the gas station mini-mart on the way over, even if you didn’t.
What do farmers give their wives on Valentine’s Day?
A hog and kisses!
Thought for the day
Wise men and women are always learning, always listening for fresh insights.
Proverbs 18:15 (MSG)
Contrary to popular belief, there is nothing mysterious about being creative. The basic principle of creativity is simply combining two or more known ideas in a new way to create a fresh idea.