You Might be a Preacher if….
– You’ve ever dreamed you were preaching only to awaken and discover you were
– You’re leading the church into the 21st century, but you don’t know what you’re preaching on Sunday
– You’ve ever wondered why people couldn’t die at more appropriate times
– Instead of getting “ticked off,” you get “grieved in your spirit.”
– You’ve ever been tempted to take an offering at a family reunion
– You’ve ever wanted to “lay hands” on a deacon’s neck.
– Everybody stops talking when you enter the room.
– You’ve ever wanted to give the sound man some feedback of your own.
– You’ve ever stretched the truth at a funeral.
– You’d rather negotiate with terrorists than the church organist.
– You’ve seen more religion at a pool hall than you’ve seen at a Church Softball Game.
– Your Bible has more side notes than printed text.
“A Florida man recently called 911 twice because his Italian Subway was missing its sauce.” – (Source: Newsweek, 8/18/08)
Thought for the day
Romans 8:29 (Msg)
God knew what he was doing from the very beginning. He decided from the outset to shape the lives of those who love him along the same lines as the life of his Son. The Son stands first in the line of humanity he restored. We see the original and intended shape of our lives there in him.
You were created to become like Christ