REASONS TO TITHE
Your church has started a new stewardship drive and has given several reasons for tithing:
1. The last few Sundays the treasurer has gotten up halfway through the service and turned off the heat/air conditioning.
2. The preacher’s wife has worn the same dress now every Sunday for the past two years.
3. You can’t call the church office because the phone has been disconnected.
4. The offering plates have been sold and replaced with popcorn buckets.
5. The ushers are beginning to drool and growl as they collect the offering.
6. The treasurer has started wearing sackcloth and ashes.
7. Parking meters have been installed in the church parking lot.
8. There’s no money for new choir robes, so the choir has resorted to wearing their bath robes.
I’m great at multi-tasking. I can waste time, be unproductive and procrastinate all at once.